Please Click on the YouTube Video Tutorials (above).
SECTION A Network Manager
Download Executables (Windows)
Information on MD4000 and MD1000 Network Monitor, Configuration and
Updating Front End is on
NMS Product Page
Download Link for NMS Manager Windows executable [version 9.0.6]
and Version 9.X User Guide
Download Link for NMS Manager Windows executable [version
The NMS requires Java jre7. Please check if the jre is loaded. Look for
folder: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
If it is not loaded please download and install one of these .exe files,
jre-7u79-windows-i586 (32 bit machines)
jre-7u79-windows-x64 (64 bit machines)
Windows 10 uses the 32 bit version. Other downloads available on the Oracle Download Page for jre7:
General Notes on the NMS and its intended use
01. NMS is NOT needed for the mesh to run. The mesh forms independent of an NMS.
02. NMS IS needed to configure nodes, view the network, run
performance tests and manage node firmware upgrades.
03. NMS download includes the network management software (as self installation executable) and user
04. NMS Training Videos and slides are on the
and Support pages. Email:
05. NMS JAVA API is here:
06. NMS Source code and application extension development support
available to OEM source code licensees.
System Integrator User Guides, Manuals and Tutorials
For an overview of what makes our software different: You-tube videos
01 through 04 on
Next, please review the 05
min Quick Start and
30 minutes Training.
You-tube Videos. Slides05
The support page lists the relevant
technical manuals, user guides etc under sections B, C.
Please review FAQ (Frequently Asked
Questions) and links on Sections B, C of the
NMS User Guide. Version 10.1
Instructions on configuring security,
VLANs, 802.11e settings.
b MD4000 Layout
Design. Estimating range and throughput, Layout
Guidelines on network deployment,
antenna selection, range calculations etc.
SECTION C. Check List of Suggested Items needed before an
01. POE Adapter
Power connection on 4/5 (+) and 7/8 (-)
02. Mobility Antennas Backhaul 5.8GHz.
-- All 5.8 Antennas should be FULL RANGE (5.1G - 5.8G). See
-- Range Estimation Sheets:
8 Db Range
Estimate (54 Mbps)
8 Db Range
Estimate (24 Mbps)
03. Static Node Backhaul 5.8 GHz.
-- High gain sectored antennas provide more range:
Db Range Estimate 54 Mbps
SuperPass sectored and panel antennas are listed
-- See Layout Design Suggestions for Antennas types in some typical
MD4000 Layout Design.
04. 2.4GHz Client Access Antennas.
If your model configuration uses a 2.4G backhaul, the SuperPass
SPDG16O is suggested.
Note: Antennas for 11b/g service should be based on down tilt and beam width explained
in installations Manual.
05. Low Loss RF cables.
-- The connectors on are N-FEMALE.
SECTION D. Optional Items (Occasionally Required for Custom Installations)
01. Replacement Plastic covers on unused N-Female connectors
McMaster Part: 9753K44
Antenna Lighting protection and
Line Data Lightning protection
03. Portable inverters, Battery backup units, 24V power supplies from
04. Outdoor POE equipped with lightning surge protection,
05. 24VDC POE with Street Light Adaptor.
Fisher Pierce Model # FP287
Note: Request 24VDC.
06. Solar Powered UPS support
www.solisenergy.com/ups_features.htm. Request 24VDC